Samer Said Khoury
Samer Said Khoury was born in Beirut, Lebanon on 23rd August 1960 to a Palestinian family that came to Lebanon during the 1948 Israeli-Arab war.
Samer spent his childhood between Kuwait and Lebanon, where he received his high school diploma in 1977 from the American High School in Kuwait.
He studied at California State University from 1978 to 1981 when he received his B.Sc. in Civil Engineering and went on to obtain an MBA in 1984 from the University of Southern California.
Following this, Samer returned to the Arabian Gulf and worked his way up the ranks of his father’s engineering and construction company - Consolidated Contractors Company (CCC) - which is one of the largest Arab international construction companies operating throughout the Middle East, Africa, CIS, Europe and America. (Website www.ccc.gr)
From 1987 through 1990, Samer was responsible for the total operations of CCC in Kuwait, with an average turnover of 50$M/year and more than 1,000 permanent staff.
In 1990, Samer moved to the Head Office of CCC in Athens, Greece. He worked in various departments gaining a wide range of experience in the Engineering & Construction field. In 1997, he took over the position of Executive Vice President Operations of the Group being responsible for the marketing and execution of the Group’s worldwide activities. As of January 2011 he became President for the Engineering & Construction Division.
CCC today is a large conglomerate with a broad range of activities ranging from its traditional engineering & construction role to the more extensive (innovative) role of an oil & gas and power developer. More than 120,000 individuals are employed worldwide and, according to the ENR listing, CCC ranks 22nd amongst the largest international contractors. CCC’s revenue in 2015 was in excess of 4.6 Billion U.S. Dollars.
Samer is highly involved in business, social and educational activities in the Middle East and Europe. He is also a Board and Committee Member of the following Associations:
• Aspen Middle East Strategy Group, USA
• Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, USA
• CCC Oil & Gas, Lebanon
• Center for Contemporary Arab Studies, USA
• Chairman of the Bethlehem Development Foundation
• Cleveland Clinic Foundation, USA
• Consolidated Contractors Company (CCC), Greece
• Disaster Resource Network (DRN, USA
• Education for Employment Foundation, USA
• Education of Children, Jordan
• Friends of Jerusalem, Palestine
• Georgetown University, USA
• Governor (Engineering & Construction World Economic Forum, Geneva
• International Pipeline Offshore Contractors Association (IPLOCA), Belgium
• Lebanese American University, Lebanon
• M.A.S. (Economic Policy Research Institute, Palestine
• Morganti, USA
• OneVoice Movement, USA
• Palestinian Investment Fund (PIF), Palestine
• Peace Works Foundation, USA
• Pearl Initiative, UAE
• Sicon Oil & Gas, Italy
• Solomon Pools Project, Palestine
• The Arab Business Council World Economic Forum, Geneva
• Tufts University, USA
• Welfare Association, Geneva/Palestine