It has been predicted that the Gulf’s MSME sector will be valued at US$ 920 billion by 2023. At the same time, the region’s economic players are quickly moving to implement digitalisation techniques across multiple business functions. Whether to boost efficiencies or revenues, digitalisation will soon become a mainstay of the economy. So what are MSMEs doing about it, and what can they do to adopt digitalisation trends before they are left in the dust?
This webinar aimed to:
- Explain the concept of digitalisation and its value for small businesses,
- Align digitalisation with corporate governance adoption within small businesses, and
- Explain to MSMEs the potential of adopting digital solutions for streamlined and robust business practices.
On this webinar, we learnt:
- An introduction to the concept of digitalization, and what “going” digital meant. Combining real-life examples with theory.
- The role that digital services play in the contemporary world.
- Why businesses should strongly consider digitalizing, particularly MSMEs. i.e. saving costs/ valuable time, speeding up processes using automation and enhanced security etc.
- Where businesses should start to consider implementing digital solutions, and the steps they should take to ensure the accurate and timely adoption of digital solutions.
- The alignment of digital strategies and solutions with corporate governance structures, noting that digitalization supports corporate governance, particularly when it comes to security / privacy, transparency, accountability, and stakeholder management – not a destination but a journey.