Entrepreneurship is a powerful tool for economic and social change. It can create jobs, boost innovation, and improve communities. But entrepreneurship can be a daunting task, especially for young people. That’s why it’s important to educate young people about entrepreneurship and the resources that are available to them.
Session Date & Time : 30 August 2023, 6 PM UAE
In partnership with One Young World, this virtual entrepreneurship boot camp will familiarize participants with the basics of startup governance and structures, the differences between startups and MSMEs, and how this addresses their governance, and learn more about how to approach fundraising, with a deep dive into options beyond venture capital.
- Kayode Odeleye – Founder & CEO, Caena
- Mohamed Al Moosa – Programme Manager, Pearl Initiative
Key Learning Outcomes:
- The difference between startups and MSMEs
- Startup governance structures
- How to pitch to investors
- How to fundraise for a startup
- Fundraising options beyond venture capital
10 mins: Introduction of session
40 mins: Startup 101 and pitching your startup – Mohamed Al Moosa
10 mins – Q&A
40 mins: Fundraising Fundamentals, Exploring Options Beyond Venture Capital – Kayode Odeleye
20 mins – Q&A