Pearl Initiative and Olayan Financing Company jointly hosted a Forum entitled “Women in Leadership: Business Roundtable” in Riyadh. The Forum was attended by 67 executives from public and private companies, family firms, academia, state-owned entities and semi-government bodies from Saudi Arabia and other Gulf countries.
The high- level constituents shared ideas, experiences and learnings on practical programmes to attract, retain and develop more women into senior corporate positions in Saudi Arabia and the Gulf Region.
- Include diversity targets in the performance metrics of Chairmen, CEOs and Executives.
- Enlist influential male business leaders to communicate more strongly to their peers on the clear business case for gender diversity.
- Take personal responsibility to identify, mentor and develop individual high potential women through to senior roles.
- Raise awareness and train male and female executives, especially in middle management layers, so that they can identify and improve their conscious and unconscious bias mindsets.
- Build the talent pipeline by developing succession plans for senior appointments that identify high potential women as well as men.
- Implement equitable compensation and HR policies to achieve gender parity.