Digital communications have become a ubiquitous pillar of business processes. The multitude of resources available for businesses to begin a strategic digital communications strategy are numerous and often staggering. For MSMEs, in particular, digital communications can seem expensive, out-of-reach, or sometimes irrelevant – but this is far from the case. So why should small businesses pivot towards the increased adoption of digital communications strategies, and how? More importantly, how does a digital communications strategy play into a business’ governance and overall stability?
This webinar will aim to:
- Understand what a digital communications strategy is,
- How MSMEs can adapt their extant communications processes to “go digital” for improved business outcomes and strengthened governance, and
- Give viewers a chance to engage with the webinar facilitator about why digital communications are essential in this day and age.
In this webinar, we learnt:
- About the history of digital media, the internet, and the role that digital tools play in transforming the business landscape
- How COVID-19, as a black swan event, can be managed by understanding the bigger economic picture related to economic flows, and used to pivot customer interactions and business requirements to sustain an MSME
- How digital innovations can be facilitated for business development despite global crises (with the example of the birth of Alibaba in China during the SARS crisis)
- Using digital solutions to reimagine how small businesses can cater to their stakeholders in the new global paradigm
- Why and how digital communications must be adopted in tandem with “traditional” communication tools as part of stakeholder management efforts
- What the tactical implementation of digital communications tools looks like for MSMEs, as well as some useful digital communications tools for easy adoption and roll-out